Chapstick & God

I walked from the upstairs to the downstairs noticing what looked to be clear slime on every object that stood about "hip high". I began interrogating the kids as if they were felons. "It's only 7:45am...what is going on?! Who did this?" And then, I notice one of my suspects. He began to whimper with lips turned inside out & dark eyes dropping big tears, "I'm so, so, so sorry, Mommy. I wanted to leave my mark so that you can find me when I'm lost." 


His words became ice gently placed on my hot head. And my frustrated heart melted at his familiar words.

“When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I’ll listen. When you come looking for me, you’ll find me." Jeremiah 29:12-14 (The Message)

God has left his mark all over creation. In His people. In His Spirit.

"But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul." Deuteronomy 4:29

And silly enough, it took chapstick markings from my 4yr old to remind me of God's faithful presence.





Comments