Oh, dear Pinterest!

Oh, how I love thee, dear Pinterest!

If you've not heard of it, here's the site's definition:

"Pinterest is a Virtual Pinboard. Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.

Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests. To get started, request an invite."


It is truly a wonderful resource to always keep busy, never be without an art project for the kids, and you can also spice up your dinner menu with just a few simple clicks!

Or as I have found.....



I have since decided to try my hand at making my own caramel! Doesn't this look yummy?!


Well, my pride has kept me from sharing this story with the world. I have shared it with a couple of friends just because I felt it was time to confess and to let go of my past mistake.


The directions are super simple!


Unopened can of condensed milk + 8 hours on low (completely submerged) in the crock pot + cool down in the fridge = CARAMEL!


Easy, right?!


I felt so good waking up early and getting things done around my house. I grabbed my crock pot, put in my can, turned it on low, covered it, and walked away. After about 3 hours, I heard some popping. I thought to myself, "I wonder if this is normal?". And then, BAM!


I heard the loudest explosion!! It was burnt & EVERYWHERE! I stood in shock as I looked on the ceiling, the cabinets, the decor, the floor, and the vents! I couldn't figure out what went wrong!


I cursed Pinterest thinking someone posted a cruel joke! So, I got online only to find out that I forgot to SUBMERGE the can in water!!!!


I have no more words......




Comments